Good to know 4 cleaning tips for your home
1. Protecting water resources: Many conventional cleaning products contain chemicals that can end up in our water systems through drainage. These chemicals can harm aquatic life and ecosystems. By using eco-friendly cleaning products, like the ones we use at Valeriana for every job, we can reduce the impact on our water resources and contribute to environmental protection.
3. Waste reduction: Many cleaning products come in single-use packaging that ends up in the trash after use. By switching to eco-friendly cleaning products in refillable containers, we can reduce waste and contribute to reducing plastic consumption. At Valeriana, we always reuse every bottle and refill them when they're empty.
Eco-friendly cleaning tips:
- Use natural cleaning agents: Instead of chemical-laden cleaning products, you can switch to natural alternatives. Vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, and baking powder are excellent natural cleaning agents that can be used in various areas of your home.
- Choose eco-certified cleaning products: Look for cleaning products that carry environmental certifications such as the Blue Angel or the EU Ecolabel. These products meet stringent environmental standards and are more eco-friendly than conventional cleaning products.
- Avoid single-use products: Instead of paper towels and disposable cleaning wipes, opt for reusable alternatives. Microfiber cloths are an excellent choice as they clean effectively and can be reused. We bring microfiber cloths to every job at Valeriana, and they are always freshly washed. Important: Never wash microfiber cloths with cotton, as it reduces their effectiveness.
- Reduce water consumption: During cleaning, we can also reduce our water usage by being mindful of water consumption. At Valeriana, we spray the cleaning solution directly onto the microfiber cloth and clean, which saves a significant amount of water and benefits the environment.
We invite you to implement these tips in your own home. Start with small steps, such as replacing conventional cleaning products with eco-friendly alternatives or avoiding single-use items. Inform your family and friends about the benefits of eco-friendly cleaning and inspire them to adopt sustainable practices.
More to read
Going “green” for yourself and for others — on World Environment Day
Have you heard of Earth Overshoot Day? It marks the day in the calendar after which the world’s population requires more resources than the planet can regenerate in one year. Anything we use after this day will be put on tap, so to say.
Bureaucratic ghosts: Switzerland’s “sans papiers”
B, C or F? A few letters that will decide how easy — or not — one’s life will be in Switzerland. Each type of residential status brings with it different advantages and hurdles. This is especially the case when it comes to work. Being an employer ...
Getting a foothold in working life — labour integration in Winterthur
“What matters are the people!” This statement can be applied to practically any situation in life. Even more so when it comes to facilitating entry into and gaining a foothold in the labour market. The City of Winterthur supports people both with ...
In conversation with the head of Zurich’s Integration Office
“In a city like Zurich, there are very few people who were actually born here. Almost everyone has moved here, some from a neighbouring town, others from a completely different continent.” Christof Meier, Head of the Integration Office of the Ci...
What is actually a Social Impact Fund?
Have you ever wondered what a Social Impact Fund is? Are you already well-versed in this topic? Contact us, we would love to have a conversation. In this blog post, we will have a closer look at the concept of Social Impact Funds. Social Impact F...