Gut zu Wissen Coronavirus — how we protect you and our staff members
- Keep your distance and wear a mask: Members of our cleaning staff are equipped with FFP2 masks and disinfectants. If you and your cleaner happen to be at home at the same time, we recommend that you wear a mask as well and, if necessary, keep out of the room being cleaned at any given time (door-to-door conversations may not be the most convenient, but they’re better than nothing if you want to make a little chit chat.
- Wash your hands and wear gloves: Our cleaners will not just wash their hands regularly, but also work with gloves that have also been provided by us.
- Air out your rooms: For us, airing out the rooms is the first step of every flat cleaning. And still: The more often you air out your own rooms, the better! Therefore, feel free to open your windows before your cleaner arrives (at least when you are at home).
- Cleaning supplies: Fabrics such as cleaning cloths and towels are regularly cleaned by our staff and brought fresh to each new assignment.
- Handshakes: We don’t know how you guys feel about it, but even after a whole year, we still find it very strange that we can’t greet each other with handshakes or hugs anymore. Perhaps you and your cleaner could come up with a new greeting together. If you come up with something interesting, then let us know via email@example.com.
- When push comes to shove: If you or someone in your household feels ill, has to go into self-isolation/quarantine or receives a positive COVID-19 text, then we would like to ask you to reschedule your next appointment accordingly. If one of our cleaners was just with you shortly before, then please let us know so that we may also take the appropriate measures for them. If one of our team members has to cancel an appointment, then we will try to make sure that you get a replacement for the same time slot.
What snow clearing has to do with gender equality
In 2011, a misguided attempt by a public official in the Swedish city of Karlskoga to be funny led to the topic of snow clearing to become a political issue. A previously launched initiative was supposed to investigate whether and to what extent m...